Monday, September 05, 2005

the younger one.. part 2

couldnt really complete that day's post due to ceratain unwanted elements... and anyways things like this are better off said this way than all in a go...
actuallly i was just listening to this nice song by alanis morissette... she's a bit cracked up but boy is her music strong!!! i mean the lyrics are damn good... this particular one called hand in my pocket is so i'm-like-this-and-dont-give-a-damn type of songs... well arent all of hers??? in particular the following lines (which are the first and last lines from the song...)

I'm broke but i'm happy
i'm poor but i'm kind
i'm short but i'm healthy yeaaaaaaahhhh



I'm free but I'm focused
I'm green but I'm wise
I'm hard but I'm friendly baby
I'm sad but I'm laughing
I'm brave but I'm chickenshit
I'm sick but I'm pretty baby

all in all its a nice song...

so speaking of weird people i'm not that sane either.. i mean i like going to the market.. now dont get me wrong... this isnt ur ultra mod airconditioned place with diamante aunties and their lil ramu's carrying their bags and picking up green tomatoes and inedible bananas and where grapes seem just a bit larger than the avreage ones... this is the
messy,crowded, please-buy-ulakayangu-from-me kinda place... i dunno why.. its damn fun gooing to the market... once when my mum was outta town for a while and i paid a visit to "the market"(the latter one ,hich will be refered to "the market " hereafter...) i was complaining to my fruit-waali about the weather and how a bit of rain could do the veggies good.... she took me by surprise and said this:(in tamil of course) do u know nostradamus??? (me-huh???wats this new tamil word??.. and then 'bling'... the bulb glew above ... well... yeah...??kinda... i remember he was the bloke who sort of predicted the whole twin tower thingy)fruit-waali: well in his book he says there's gonna be super rain here!!! (gasp!!! the rain part of it i didnt care but my fruit-waali and nostradamus???i think i should visit the market more often!!!)

its really weird how we underestimate ppl and how lil incidents like this can bring us to the eal world.... which also makes me wonder how the guy peeing on the road has a color mobile and i somehow dont(bad comparison.. and i aint that despo anyways!!!) guess things are looking up!!

and it also makes me damn angry how my sister (angel from heaven above) gets away with evrything... i think i'm obsessive abt this whole youger one thingy coz things seemt o eventually boil down to it...

and of course i hate male chauvanits... the lot who sneer at u when u are at the steering wheel, hit ur bumper and show you 'the hand'(i guess u all know 'he hand'...in true madrasi splendour... complete with nonsensical mutterings...) but u know he came in thru the wrong side... and the house-owner(due to lack of any respect i shall call him 'this person') who looks at u up and down then wont answer very sensible questions you may ask about the house which 'this person' had advertised for in the paper and occasionaly asks :onga husban varaleya???.. dammit... he should've specified 'smart ladies not allowed' in his styupid add( we arent taking the house btw... who the hell would want to be a tenant to such an ass of a 'this person'????)

so they're everywhere.. these ppl whom we underestimate and worse thos ewho underestimate us... and they can spring up surprises(nasty at times) when u least expect!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger sharanya said...

hey sukki...good to see u updating ur blog..pretty damn sincere! and good one at it....anyway my blogs updated too...so whenever ure free...oo and dont mind this bit of the comment...jus wanna let u know :D

8:54 PM  
Blogger Arjun Sukumaran said...

Yeah, being the younger one does suck...I'm the youngest out of 3, lol...not fun.

11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home